Details of our Data Protection and Privacy Policies can be found below:
Data Protection Policy
Corsham Photographic Club will use reasonable endeavors to comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018 (GDPR) to ensure all membership and consent data provided by members is:
- Held and used with each member’s consent.
- Lawfully used and securely kept.
- Accurate and up to date and not kept for longer than necessary.
- Not transferred to any other party without the member’s consent.
The Club will achieve these policy objectives as follows:
The Treasurer is responsible for ensuring the policy is understood by Club Members who may wish to use the data for the furthering of the objects of the Club.
The Treasurer will
- Keep all original signed membership documents, forms and consents in an organized non-digital manner.
- Destroy the membership and consent documents of each person when they cease to be a Member.
- Ensure members under the age of 16 have written consent provided by a parent or guardian, such consent being kept with the member’s documents.
- Ensure all elected and co-opted Committee members, with the exception of the Chairman, Secretary and WebMaster, know they must not construct or keep address lists of members and must not transfer any Club Member’s information in any form.
- Ensure the Chairman and WebMaster have the names & email addresses of all current members who have given consent for email communications.
- Ensure this policy document is reviewed and updated regularly and at least annually, preferably prior to the Club's AGM.
Nothing set out above is to preclude
- The incidental use of individual personal data for the purposes of communication between members and Committee Members in furtherance of the day-to-day activities of the Club.
- The administration of competitions and posting of competition results and identification of images by the Committee Members.
- The administration of exhibitions and identification of images by the Committee Members.
All routine general communications with members will be by email using UK2 WebMail or any other alternative email system. In all cases where more than one member is contacted at the same time, emails must be sent bcc.